Friday, September 27, 2013

Reflection


Reflection 

After almost two months of being in India I have done a lot of reflecting on my experience thus far. Traveling abroad is a very unique experience; you are immersed in a new place with a very different culture and you have to navigate new situations and overcome obstacles in a setting where you may not be able to communicate through verbal language. In addition, you are thrown in with a new group of people and have to figure out everyones personalities and navigate group dynamics. Many times throughout this journey I have felt alone and uncertain as to my purpose for being here, however; I have realized that it is exactly this scenario that makes studying abroad such a unique and beneficial experience. Only when one is completely out of their comfort zone is it possible to truly see the world from a different perspective. I have decided that this opportunity is worth pursuing and will be a learning experience even if it is not what I had expected. During the past couple of months I have found solace in friends; new and old, family, running, school work, and yoga. I greatly appreciate all of the support I have received and hope that you all know you are in my thoughts. As we are learning in yoga, the real challenge is to overcome any obstacles in life with grace and humility.  

~Namaste



No comments:

Post a Comment